Types Of Leather According To Their Animal Origin
At first, we may not give much importance to this step of choosing leather, and we are only guided by taste and its aesthetics, but if we continue with it, we will soon realize the world of possibilities that leather presents us as a material and in function. Of what we want to do, we will choose one or the other. Already a single piece of mens Leather under $175 presents many varieties from one area to another, how to think of something homogeneous that comes from different animals. And not only the animal, but its sex, its life, its death, All this makes each one unique.
The differences make some skins have more properties than others. And it depends on the use, the technique, we will choose one or the other.
They are very resistant, very compact, and very solid. We can distinguish between:
– Unborn: Without term of gestation. High quality and resistance. It is usually used for footwear and fine women’s leather jacket goods.
– Calf: Less than one-year-old. Very fine grain, which means that the pores are barely visible. Of quality and high price. This leather according to their animal origin is usually used for footwear and fine leather goods.
– Veal: Cow breeding. From 1 to 2 years. Grain finer than cow but less than the calf.
– Young bull: from 2 to 3 years old. Like the cow and bull but less marked.
– Bull and cow: over three years old. Thicker and stronger but more marked by life than younger animals.
Resistant but finer.
– Goats: Their skins have less hair and less fat than sheep, with a firm and compact structure. Small and smooth pore. The older the animal is, the larger the pore it has.
– Kid: Newborn. Smooth, lustrous, and shiny finish.
– Toilet: Young animals. Larger and thicker than the kid. Smooth and bright flower.
They have nobody. They are very porous and therefore very malleable and flexible.
Their wool has more value than their hides since they are of the open type, with many sebaceous glands and hair roots, so it is less compact.
– Shee: Also known as sheepskin. Greater porosity, less compactness.
– Ram: Greater compactness than its partner, the sheep, it stretches less because they do not give birth.